Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet Dreams

My friend Holly wrote the following as part of a facebook status update, "I am grateful that I can end my day on a comfortable bed. Isn't sleep a blessing?" I totally agree. And a good night's sleep is a real joy.

Many of you may know we have a new addition to our family, a 2 year old flat coated retriever named Sadie. She is a wonderful addition to our family and is the sweetest, most well-behaved animal companion Paul and I have ever known. Her only issue is she's terribly afraid of the dark. Due to my allergies, we can't allow her to sleep in our bed. It's been quite a challenge to get her to sleep on her own bed.

She and I have created a bedtime ritual (which is fairly complex and I won't get into it here). I also purchased a doggie/child safety gate that keeps her out of our bedroom but still allows her to see that Paul and I are there and haven't abandoned her.

All this to say, last night Paul and I were able to get our first decent night's sleep in quite some time. It was wonderful. To wake with energy, feeling rested and ready for the day is a true joy...and Sadie seemed to feel the same. This morning she was jumping and racing around the house, happy as a lark.

So now, for another night of joyous sleep (fingers crossed). Hoping the same for you.

What brought you joy today? (Isn't it nice to fall asleep thinking of the joys in your life?)

No comments: